10 Benefits of High-Quality Paint
While it’s nice to save money, there are a few things for which quality should not be compromised for a lower price. Paint is one of those items where you get what you pay for; the better quality paint the higher the cost. Here are 10 Reasons why high-quality paint is worth the money:
- Easier application. Top quality paints have better leveling and tend to go on more evenly; also the brush and roller marks tend to flow out and become unnoticeable.
- Spatter resistance. Good paints are not as likely to spatter flecks of paint during application.
- Concealing capability. Good quality paints can usually hide the original wall color and imperfections in fewer coats, saving time and money from needing to apply additional coats of paint.
- Touch-up capability. Touch-ups can be done easily and unnoticeably with high-quality paints.
- Stain resistance. Top-quality paints tend to have better grime and dirt resistance and keep dirt from sinking in, making for easier cleaning.
- Scrub resistance. These paints are tougher and usually can withstand scrubbing without the surface being damaged.
- Imprint resistance. Shelves, windowsills and other face-up surfaces can gather prints when objects are placed on them. However, this problem is significantly minimized with good quality paints (especially eggshell finishes).
- Stick resistance. The smooth finish produced with top quality paints allows the paint to be less susceptible to sticking.
- Mildew resistance. Mildew resistent agents are much better in high-quality paints. If you don’t want mildew, don’t compromise on paint quality.
- Fade resistance. To ensure your paint color stays just as you want it, use a high quality 100% acrylic latex paint. These paints maintain their fresh appearance for years.
If you have any questions about paint quality or paint choices, give us a call at 314-952-0156. It is our pleasure to provide professional paint services to St. Louis residents.