How to Get Rid of Old Paint Cans
Paint cans are one of those items that people don’t really know what to do with once they don’t need them anymore, especially when there is left over paint in the can.Here are a couple of ways to get those old cans out of your house:
- If you have oil paint you want to get rid of, it should only be disposed of at a hazardous waste disposal event. (They usually have local hazardous waste disposal drop-offs twice a year.)
- Look for a charity group such as Habitat for Humanity to donate your unused paint to.
- Now for the latex, acrylic and water-based paint you can’t get rid of, after you let it dry out, you can simply just throw it away.
- Get some paint hardener and add it to your paint.
- Stir some kitty litter or other absorbent into your paint.
- Collect some cardboard boxes, flatten them and paint them. After they dry out, you can throw away the boxes and empty paint cans like any other garbage.