The Classic Color Rule: 60-30-10
When deciding on a color scheme for a room, follow the style of a man in a business suit:
- 60% of his outfit’s color is the slacks and jacket
- 30% of his outfit’s color is the shirt
- 10% of his outfit’s color is the tie
For a room this roughly translates as:
- 60% of the room’s color is the walls
- 30% of the room’s color is the furniture
- 10% of the room’s color is an accent piece or decorative pieces
60 percent should be a dominant color that is visually appealing and that compliments the style and personality of the room. 30 percent should be a complimentary secondary color. And 10 percent should be a bold accent color displayed through decorations like throw pillows and blankets or a floral arrangement. This color scheme works well because it provides a sense of balance and allows the colors to visually flow in a room.
Call Kennedy Painting at 314-952-0156 or contact us online for a color consultation or to schedule a free estimate for interior painting. We have been providing professional and attentive painting services to the St. Louis area since 1998.